Roasted Tomato Goat Cheese Baked Idaho® Potato
- 12 medium Idaho® potatoes
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 large Black Beauty eggplant
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 pound firm goat cheese
- 3 or 4 mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rub potatoes with canola oil and pierce them a few times with a fork.
- Place potatoes on an oven rack in the middle of the oven; bake for 45 minutes.
- Make a slit in the bottom of each cherry tomato, toss with some of the olive oil, and place in a pan beneath the potatoes. Bake about 20 minutes or until the tomatoes are golden and the skin has popped.
- While the potatoes cook, begin the eggplant. Cut eggplant into 1/2-inch cubes, salt and pepper, and sauté on medium high heat in the olive oil; reserve on the side.
- Peel the skin off the tomatoes and place the tomatoes in a mixing bowl with a paddle attachment.
- Add the goat cheese and mint and whip until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- When potatoes are done, remove from the oven. Split each potato in half and remove a small amount of the flesh.
- Place a spoonful of the goat cheese mixture in the cavity and top with some of the eggplant. Place back under the broiler or beneath a salamander for a short while, until the eggplant crisps and the goat cheese warms. Serve hot.