Potato Beurre Monté Ingredients:
Boiled Potato Ingredients:
Burned Brassica Ingredients:
- 10 large collard leaves
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 5 stalks broccolini
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- As needed Osetra caviar for serving
Potato Beurre Monté Directions:
- Place potatoes in a large stockpot, cover with the cold water and bring to a simmer. Allow to simmer for 5 hours.
- Strain to remove potatoes and return liquid to heat. Continue simmering liquid to reduce by half. Once reduced by half, strain through a chinois.
- Return liquid to heat and continue simmering to reduce to 2 cups. Strain through a chinois once more.
- Bring ½ cup potato stock to a boil and slowly whisk in the butter to emulsify; sauce should be smooth and glossy.
- Season with salt and lemon juice. Hold warm until needed.
Boiled Potato Directions:
- Place the potatoes, garlic, bay leaf and thyme in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Add the salt. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer until tender.
- Drain and hold the potatoes in the potato beurre monté.
Burned Brassica Directions:
- Deep-fry collard greens in a deep fryer at 350°F until bubbling and dark green. Place on a sheet tray and season with salt.
- Dry in the oven at 225°F for 30 minutes, or dry overnight in a dehydrator on low. Reserve until needed.
- Slice broccolini lengthwise into 3 or 4 thin strips, keeping the tops intact. In a large cast-iron skillet over high heat, add the oil and heat to a shimmer. Add strips of broccolini and place a second cast-iron skillet over the top to weigh them down.
- Cook until they are crisp and beginning to blacken in spots. Remove from pan and place on paper towel to drain. Season with salt. Reserve until needed.
- For each serving, spoon 2 tablespoons potato beurre monté in the center of a rimmed, flat-bottomed bowl. Place 4 Parisienne-cut potatoes on the sauce in the center of the plate. Place a quenelle of caviar between the potatoes and garnish all with a few pieces of crispy collards and broccolini.