Potatoes Rioja-Style with Chorizo
- 20 tablespoons Spanish extra-virgin olive oil
- 40 garlic cloves
- 20 small onions, peeled and finely chopped (about 20 cups)
- 9 pounds chorizo sausages, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 10 pounds Idaho® potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 10 tablespoons pimento
- 10 tablespoons salt
- Warm the olive oil over low heat on a large rondeau. Add the garlic and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the onions and cook, stir occasionally, until they are soft and tender. Caramelize onions, add the chorizo and continue until it too is browned.
- Place the potatoes in the pan and stir to coat them in the oil.
- Add the pimento and salt pour in water to cover and bring to boil.
- Repeat until potatoes are cook through. The finished product will be a thick stew.