Idaho® Potato Broccoli Soup
Prepared with pantry staples, this quick and easy soup takes just minutes from stove to tabletop.
- 4 14-ounce cans broth (chicken, vegetable, beef or a combination)
- 3 cups Idaho® potato flakes or buds
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup powdered milk (optional)
- 20-ounce package frozen, chopped broccoli
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional)
- Chopped parsley, chopped scallion or chives, broccoli florets (optional garnishes)
- In a large stockpot, over medium-high heat, bring broth to boiling. Remove from heat and stir in the potato flakes, garlic powder and dried milk, if desired. Allow mixture to sit while preparing broccoli.
- Prepare frozen broccoli according to package directions.
- Stir the broccoli into the potato mixture. Heat soup over medium heat until hot. If desired, just before serving, stir in lemon juice. Garnish each bowl of soup, if desired.
Yield: 8 Servings
Sodium: 915 mg
Fat: 6 g
Protein: 7 g
Cholesterol: 12 mg