Grouper in Potato Crust
- 4 Idaho Potatoes (90 count)
- 12 filets Black grouper filets 4 1/2 lbs.
- 6 T Flour to dust
- 2 large Egg wash
- 1/4 c Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c White wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 t Fresh chopped garlic
- Juice of one fresh lemon
- 4 T Butter
- Tip: Substitute sea bass, black sea bass, scamp or brill for grouper. Omit butter or use margarine or olive oil for a lighter version.
- Peel and shred Idaho Potatoes, rinse three times in cold water, squeeze dry in cloth towels.
- Air dry in convection oven 150°-200°F. Be sure to rotate pan and mix potatoes while drying. (Do not brown)
- Pulse in food-processor two times to break up pieces.
- Coat grouper with flour, egg wash and dried potatoes.
- Sauté in olive oil until lightly browned on one side, turn over, then place in 450°F oven until desired doneness.
- Remove the excess oil, add white wine. Reduce by half. Add salt, pepper, garlic and lemon juice. Whisk in butter and drizzle over fish.
Yield: 12 servings
Sodium: 143 mg
Fat: 11 g
Protein: 35.3 g
Cholesterol: 109 mg