Idaho® Potato Nappa Cabbage, Apple Wood Bacon, Mushroom and Leek Casserole
- 3 each medium Idaho potatoes, peeled, washed and very thinly sliced
- 2 cups leek, julienned
- 3 cups Napa cabbage, julienned
- 1/2 cup applewood bacon, diced small
- 2 cups sauteed assorted sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1/2 stick of butter, melted
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat a large sauté pan and add the bacon, once the fat starts rendering out, add the leeks, garlic and Nappa cabbage. Saute for 3 minutes; add the mushrooms.
- Season this mixture to taste, set aside.
- Place this mixture on a 9x12-inch baking pan and layer the potatoes evenly to cover the mixture completely.
- Melt the butter and drizzle over the potatoes; season again to taste.
- Place in the oven until the potatoes brown well, remove and let cool at room temperature.
- With a ring cutter, cut 1-1/2-inch circles, chop the excess; divide equally among half the rings.
- Place a ring from the uncovered half on top of the covered ones and reheat at 375 degrees F; serve immediately.
Yield: 6 servings
Beach Walk Restaurant
Crystal Beach, Destin, FL