Idaho® Potato Corned Beef Hash with Poached Egg
Corned beef goes way beyond St. Patrick's Day with this Idaho® Potato Corned Beef Hash with Poached Egg recipe.
- 2 lb. 8 oz. Idaho® Yukon Gold potatoes, steamed
- oil, as needed
- 1 lb., 8 oz. corned beef
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 8 oz. (1 cup) unsalted butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Dice potatoes. Deep fry or sauté potatoes in oil until crisp. Remove and reserve.
- Julienne the corned beef into ¼-inch wide strips; reserve.
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in potatoes and herbs; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in beef; sauté additional 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Poach eggs in small batches in acidified water (1 teaspoon vinegar to 1 quart water) until whites are set (completely coagulated and firm) and yolks begin to thicken (no longer runny, but not hard). Remove and keep warm.
- To serve, portion about ½ cup hash on small plate. Top with a poached egg. Sprinkle on 1 teaspoon chives. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of the American Egg Board.