Potato, Tomato, Herb & Goat Cheese Frittata
- 8 T Unsalted butter, divided
- 1 lb Fresh Idaho potatoes, peeled & cut into 1/4" cubes
- 8 Large eggs
- 12 oz Goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 t Salt
- 1/4 t Black pepper
- 3 T Dill, finely chopped
- 3 T Basil, finely chopped
- 3 T Chives, finely chopped
- 3 T Parsley, finely chopped
- < 1 Large tomato, small diced
- Preheat broiler.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a 10-inch non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add the potatoes and fry them until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter in a small dish in the microwave. Whisk the eggs, then stir in goat cheese, melted butter, salt, pepper, and herbs.
- Pour the egg mixture over the potatoes and cook the frittata, without stirring, for 15 minutes, or until the edge is set but the center is still soft. Sprinkle the diced tomatoes over the top. Broil the frittata about 4 inches from the heat for 4 to 5 minutes, run a thin knife around the edge, and slide the frittata onto a serving plate.
Yield: 8 Servings
Waller Art Institute of California
California, San Diego
(Recipe Photo Contest Winner)