Idaho® Potato Breakfast Boat
Eggs, cheese and Idaho® potatoes makes up this breakfast boat recipe ready to feed a hungry crowd.
- 10 lb. Idaho® redskin potatoes, cubed
- 1 oz. pan spray
- 11 lb. 4 oz. pasteurized whole eggs
- 3 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoon ground, black pepper
- 3 lb. 2 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400° F convection.
- Spread cubed potatoes on sheet pans (approximately 4 lb. per full sheet pan and 2 lb. per half pan sheet pan). Bake for 15-17 minutes. Place potatoes into steam table pans and keep warm.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325° F. Spray 3 shallow steam table pans with cooking spray. Place eggs into prepared pans and season with salt and pepper. Cover eggs and place in oven. Bake for 10 minutes, whisk eggs. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until an internal temperature of 155° F is reached. Hold eggs in warming cart above 135° F until service.
- To assemble use #1 boat. Place ¼ cup of potatoes in boat and top with ¼ cup scrambled eggs.
- Sprinkle ½ oz (2 tablespoons) of cheese. Wrap in a foil sheet and place in warmer until ready to serve.
Serving Size: 4.6 oz (129g)
Sugar: 2g / 0%
Sodium: 280mg / 12%
Fat: 10g / 15%
Saturated Fat: 3.5g / 17%
Trans Fat: 0g / 0%
Carbs: 11g / 4%
Fiber: 1g / 4%
Protein: 11g / 21%
Cholesterol: 175mg / 59%
Recipe courtesy of the American Egg Board.