- 3 8-ounce Idaho® Potatoes, scrubbed
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise again. Cut these potato sticks crosswise into half-inch pieces.
- Over medium-high heat, bring a large pot of water to boiling. Add potatoes and return to boiling; cook 6 - 8 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter; add garlic and sauté 1 - 2 minutes or until garlic begins to brown.
- Add onion and continue to cook, stirring, for 4 more minutes or until onion begins to brown.
- Add remaining butter and cook to melt.
- Stir in potatoes and paprika and mix well. Cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Stir in chopped peppers during last minute of cooking, if desired.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.