Breakfast Stuffed Idaho® Potato Skins
It's easy to serve up a hungry crowd with this recipe for Breakfast Stuffed Idaho® Potato Skins. Even easier to customize by adding bacon or ham; salsa or sour cream. Just think of them as a blank canvas ready for your creation.
- 11 lb. 4 oz. pasteurized whole eggs
- 200 pieces Idaho® potato skins, 1.29 oz. each
- 6 lb. 4 oz. American cheese, shredded, reduced fat
- 1 oz. pan spray, butter flavored
- Preheat oven to 325° F convection.
- Spray 3 shallow steam table pans with butter flavored pan spray. Divide eggs evenly amongst prepared pans.
- Cover eggs and bake for 10 minutes. Whisk and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165° F is reached.
- Increase oven temperature to 400°F convection.
- Place skins on sheet pans, lightly sprayed with pan spray. Bake for 6‑8 minutes or until an internal temperature is reached of 155° F for 15 seconds.
- To serve, place 2 skins in boat. Top each with 1/8 cup scrambled eggs and ½ oz. shredded cheese.
Serving Size: 5.7 oz (162g)
Sodium: 210mg / 9%
Fat: 6g / 10%
Saturated Fat: 2g / 12%
Trans Fat: 0g / 0%
Carbs: 20g / 7%
Fiber: 3g / 12%
Protein: 10g / 20%
Cholesterol: 225mg / 75%
Recipe courtesy of the American Egg Board.