Grilled Cajun Potato Wedges
Easy grilled Idaho® potato wedges with Cajun spices and a spicy dipping sauce make a delicious side dish.
Read Cheryl's full post, including more photos, here.
- 5 pounds Idaho® russet potatoes, scrubbed (about 6 potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons Cajun spice blend, divided (recipe below)
- 1 cup mayonnaise, optional, for dipping sauce
Cajun spice blend:
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Cut potatoes into wedges – slice the potato in half lengthwise, then cut each piece in half again to create quarters. Cut each quarter in half or into thirds if the potato is very large.
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss potato wedges with olive oil and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for the Cajun spice blend and whisk to combine thoroughly.
- Sprinkle 4 tablespoons of the spice blend over the potato wedges and toss to combine.
- Place potato wedges on the grill and cook for 10 minutes. Flip potatoes over and cook for an additional 10 minutes (lowering the temperature of the grill if necessary), or until potatoes are cooked through.
- Make the dipping sauce by combining mayonnaise with 1 tablespoon of the spice blend and stir to combine.
- Serve warm with dipping sauce, if desired.
Batch Cooking to Make Meal Prep Easy
Batch cooking cuts down on time but definitely not on flavor – especially when you make this easy Cajun spice blend that you just might want to put on everything!
While the grill is hot, cook up an extra big batch of potato wedges and use the leftovers to make Vegan Vegetable Cakes and Grilled Cajun Shrimp and Potato Skewers!