Grilled Cajun Shrimp and Potato Skewers
Leftover Grilled Cajun Potato Wedges are skewered with shrimp and corn, then brushed with delicious spicy garlic butter for a simple grilled dinner.
Cajun spice blend:
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
Cajun garlic butter:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1½ teaspoons garlic, minced (about 4 cloves)
- 2 teaspoons Cajun spice blend
- 12 ounces leftover Grilled Cajun Potato Wedges (about 1½ potatoes)
- 4 small ears of sweet corn, cleaned and cut into 1½˝ pieces
- 16 shrimp, extra-large (about 1½ pounds)
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for the Cajun spice blend and whisk to combine thoroughly. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook just until fragrant (one minute), then add Cajun seasoning. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Skewer leftover potatoes, corn and shrimp (I used 2 shrimp per skewer, one or two pieces of corn and 3 or 4 pieces of potato).
- Grill for 3 – 4 minutes per side, just until shrimp are cooked through, corn is lightly charred and potatoes are hot.
- Brush with Cajun garlic butter while warm. Serve immediately.
Batch Cooking to Make Meal Prep Easy
Batch cooking cuts down on time but definitely not on flavor – especially when you make this easy Cajun spice blend that you just might want to put on everything!
This series started with an extra big batch of Grilled Cajun Potato Wedges (recipe below) and now we're using the leftovers to make a quick dinner with the leftovers. Perfect for a hot summer night!
Make crispy Vegan Veggie Cakes with the rest of the leftovers for the full recipe trifecta!