Greek Lemon Idaho® Potatoes with Chicken
- 3 pounds Idaho® potatoes, peeled and sliced lengthwise into wedges (6 wedges per potato)
- 8 chicken thighs, cleaned and trimmed of fat
- 2 tablespoons extra‐virgin olive oil
- 3 lemons
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup water
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken thighs with ½ teaspoon oregano, ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- Place the cut potatoes in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons olive oil, the juice of 2 lemons, 1 teaspoon of oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon of pepper until incorporated.
- Pour the juice mixture over the potatoes and mix well.
- Place the potatoes in the bottom of an 11x13 baking pan.
- Place the chicken thighs on top.
- Sprinkle the thighs with the juice of 1 lemon.
- Add water in the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes, uncover and bake another 15 minutes. Remove the chicken and set aside in a covered dish.
- If the potatoes need more time, place the potatoes back in the oven and continue cooking until slightly brown and tender.
Yield: 6 - 8 servings