Baked Idaho® Mashed Potato Casserole
- 6 red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated Asiago Cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika to garnish
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat in a skillet. Sauté the onions, celery and red pepper until tender. Set aside.
- When the potatoes are done, drain well and return to the cooking pot. Add butter and half and half. Mash together. Add sautéed vegetables. Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in an 8x8 casserole dish. Spoon mashed potatoes into the dish and sprinkle with Asiago cheese and paprika. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.