Spicy Red Chipotle and Idaho® Potato Salad
- 1 pound Ruby Red Idaho® potatoes, rinsed and scrubbed
- olive oil spray
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 6 teaspoons adobo sauce from canned chipotle chiles
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅓ cup red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ⅓ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoons chopped chives
- ½ teaspoon red chile flakes
- dried chiles de arbol for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Quarter potatoes and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Spray potatoes with oil, covering all sides. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes or until potato is tender and the skin begins to crisp. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, 5 teaspoons of adobo sauce and lemon juice in a large bowl. Stir until ingredients have mixed completely.
- Stir in roasted potatoes, lightly mashing a few with a fork or potato masher. Add red onion, bell pepper and feta, Stir to coat.
- Serve salad on a serving platter. Sprinkle with chives, chile flakes, remainig adobo and decorate with dried arbol chiles.
Yield: 10-12 servings