Slow Cooker White Cheddar, Garlic & Chive Idaho® Mashed Potatoes
- Tie together with cooking string: 3 sprigs rosemary, 3 sprigs parsley and 4 sprigs of thyme
- 8-9 med-large Idaho® russet potatoes (about 4 ½ pounds), peeled and chopped into 2 inch cubes
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 8 tablespoons of Country Crock® "Original" spread
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 8 ounces aged Vermont sharp white cheddar, shredded
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 cup milk
- ½ ounces chives, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Spray a slow cooker with olive oil cooking spray. Wash, peel and chop potatoes into cubes and place into the slow cooker.
- Add chicken broth and smashed garlic, then place the herb bundle on top of the potatoes. Cook 3 ½ hours on high, switching to warm setting when cook time is done.
- Discard herb bundle. Heat milk, cheese and Country Crock® spread in a pot over medium-low heat until smooth and melted, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and stir in yogurt. Season with salt and pepper and add chives.
- Pour mixture over the potatoes and use a potato masher or hand-held blender to whip potatoes (use a masher if you like a chunkier texture). If needed, add a little more milk until desired consistency is achieved.