Heart-Healthy Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
Easy, healthy and convenient! What more can you ask for? Oh…delicious…but that’s a given considering we’re using Idaho potatoes!
- 3 pounds Idaho® potatoes, peeled and quartered
- ½ cup soft vegetable oil spread, 67 percent
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup skim milk with vitamins A and D
- Add potatoes to a 3½ to 4-quart slow cooker and pour in enough water to cover; stir; cover and cook on high setting 3 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Reduce heat to low; add soft vegetable oil spread, salt and pepper.
- Using a potato masher or a handheld electric mixer, beat on medium speed until potatoes are thoroughly mashed (while potatoes are in the slow cooker).
- Slowly add the milk and beat until creamy. Do not overbeat or they will be stiff and have a gummy texture.
Certified by the American Heart Association