Chef Ammirati created this delicious recipe while he was at Sam’s Restaurant, owned by actress Mariel Hemmingway, who is originally from Idaho! Chef Ammirati is now Chef de Cuisine at Porter House New York.
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 4 Idaho® potatoes, peeled & diced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon thyme, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Blanch potatoes by boiling for seven minutes, then drain.
- Sauté shallots in olive oil over medium heat three minutes or until soft.
- Add cream and boil rapidly until mixture thickens and it reduced by 1/4. Add cheese, potatoes, thyme, and salt and pepper.