Idaho® Potato Caprese Salad
- 4 cups cubed Idaho® red potatoes, about 1 inch cubes, skin on
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves fresh peeled garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bunch basil, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh pearl sized mozzarella
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- balsamic crème, optional
- Place the cubes potatoes in a medium sized pot and cover with cold water. The water should just cover all the potatoes by about 1 inch.
- Cook the potatoes over medium high heat until they are fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the heat and drain with a colander. Run cold water over the drained potatoes and let them cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and garlic until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Add the chopped basil, mozzarella and cherry tomatoes and gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Drizzle the balsamic crème on top if desired and serve immediately.
Time Saving Tip: *You could also use a store bought balsamic vinaigrette to save yourself some time. Also, if fresh mozzarella isn’t available, use your favorite kind of block mozzarella and cut it into bite sized pieces.
Yield: 6-8 servings