Jalapeno Olive Idaho® Potato Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds Idaho® potatoes, scrubbed, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 12 large jalapeno stuffed Spanish olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon dried pepper flakes
- In a large saucepan over high heat, bring 6 cups of water to a boil. Add potatoes, return to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 4 minutes or until fork tender.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl and stir until well blended.
- Drain potatoes in a colander and run under cold water until completely cooled. Shake off excess water. Add potatoes to the olive mixture and toss gently, yet thoroughly, until well coated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 3 hours before serving to absorb flavors