Idaho® Potato Bunny Cakes
- ⅔ cup Idaho® instant potato flakes
- ⅔ cup boiling water
- 1 ⅓ cups milk
- 3 cups of your favorite multigrain pancake or baking mix
- 5 beaten eggs
- 4 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 sticks butter whipped with 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 banana for garnish
- currants or tiny raisins, for garnish
- Pour boiling water over potato flakes and whisk until smooth. Add milk and whisk again. Whisk in eggs and pancake mix. Add vegetable oil.
- Heat skillet or pancake griddle to 375. Lightly grease.
- Spoon ¼ cup of batter in a circle in the center of the pan and heat until bubbles rise to surface. Flip and cook other side. Make 8 pancakes. Keep warm.
- Make an additional 8 smaller pancakes, using about ⅛ cup pancake batter for each. Keep warm.
- Using a spoon drizzle pancake batter in pan to make 16 ears, and 16 feet, shaping into oblongs.
- On each plate, place one large and one small round pancake. Adorn with ears and feet.
- Decorate pads of feet with banana slices and raisins for the toe pads.
- Whip butter and powdered sugar to make sweetened butter. Using a pipette, form a tail on the back of each bunny cake. Serve with warm syrup and your choice of sides.
Yield: 8 servings