Fresh Gourmet's Crispy Onion Ranch Mashed Potatoes
- 2 lbs. Idaho® Russet Potatoes, peeled, washed and quartered or your favorite Idaho specialty
- 2 Tbsp Ranch dressing mix, dry
- 1 ½ cups Sour Cream or Lite Sour Cream
- 1 cup Cheddar & Jack cheese blend, grated
- 1 bag (3.5 oz) Fresh Gourmet® Crispy Onions (Lightly Salted or Garlic Pepper)
- 1 Tbsp black pepper, freshly ground
- Place 6 quarts of water in a 8 quart pot and bring to a boil. Place Idaho potatoes in boiling
- Cook Idaho potatoes for 15 minutes until tender. While potatoes are cooking mix together in
- mixing bowl ranch dressing mix, sour cream and grated cheese.
- When Idaho potatoes have finished cooking drain water, reserving 1 to 2 cups of cooking
- liquid. Mash Idaho potatoes in pot and add ranch-sour cream-cheese mixture and blend well.
- Adjust creaminess of texture using reserved cooking liquid to desired texture. Heat potato
- mixture on stove stirring frequently. Before serving add 1 cup of crispy onions and blend well. Remove and place on serving dish and top with remaining 1/2 cup of crispy onions and sprinkle with freshly ground pepper.