Chocolate Chip Idaho® Potato Poppers
Chocolate Chip Idaho® Potato Poppers are perfect for a brunch buffet.
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 2/3 cup instant Idaho® potato flakes
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375˚ F. Coat the cups of 2 mini-muffin pans (24 cups) with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, potato flakes, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt until mixed. Stir in the milk, egg whites, oil and vanilla extract until blended. Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling them about 3/4 full. Bake 14 - 17 minutes, or until golden in color and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Loosen the edges of each muffin with a knife, and transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.