Savory Breakfast Bowl
A yummy, easy and healthy breakfast bowl recipe containing seasoned roasted russet Idaho® potatoes, roasted cherry tomatoes, sliced avocados, egg, arugula, and drizzled with sriracha.
Read MinShien's full post here.
- 1 large russet Idaho® potato, cubed (1 pound)
- 1 cup cherry or Roma tomatoes
- 3-4 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 large eggs
- Vegetable oil
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 cup arugula
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Rinse and clean russet Idaho® potato, then cut it into 1-inch cubes (no need to remove potato skin). Cut cherry tomatoes or Roma tomatoes into halves.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, but do not overlap.
- Drizzle potatoes with ~2 teaspoon olive oil (more if needed). Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper evenly onto potatoes.
- Place cherry tomatoes flat side up on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Drizzle tomatoes with ~1 teaspoon olive oil (more if needed). Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and 1/4 teaspoon oregano evenly onto tomatoes. Note: You can use two separate baking sheets for potatoes and tomatoes, or place potatoes and tomatoes on the same pan but separate them using two sets of aluminum foil.
- Bake potatoes and tomatoes in the oven for 20 minutes.
- When potatoes and tomatoes are in the oven, prep the other ingredients. Heat up a skillet with vegetable oil and fry eggs on a skillet. Use medium to medium-low heat to cook the eggs sunny side up until egg whites are no longer translucent but the yolk is still runny.
- Slice avocados.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven when ready and use a fork to pierce potatoes. If potatoes are still hard and not ready, set aside tomatoes (if using one baking sheet, simply remove foil containing tomatoes to set tomatoes aside), then bring potatoes into the oven and bake for a few more minutes or until it is done.
- Assemble breakfast bowls by adding roasted potatoes, roasted tomatoes, sliced avocados, sunny side up egg, and arugula to each bowl, then drizzle with sriracha.
- Serve and enjoy!