Texas-Style Egg and Idaho® Potato Skillet
Start the day with a big bang of protein with this recipe for Texas-Style Egg and Idaho® Potato Skillet. Round out the meal with a side of tortillas if desired.
- 4 thick slices turkey bacon (4 oz.), chopped
- 1 medium baking potato, diced (1/2-inch)
- 8 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup pico de gallo OR chunky salsa
- ½ cup shredded smoked cheddar cheese (2 oz.)
- Optional: 6 white OR whole wheat flour tortillas (8-inch), warmed
- Cook bacon in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until edges begin to brown. Pour off drippings. Add potato; cook and stir until potato is tender and browned and bacon is crisp, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Pour eggs over mixture in skillet. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking – pulling, lifting and folding eggs – until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
- Stir in pico de gallo; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese and serve with tortillas, if desired.
Saturated Fat: 6g
Trans Fat: 0g
Recipe courtesy of the American Egg Board.