Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
- 2 and ½ pounds Idaho® red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces and rinsed
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite-size cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the potatoes to a large pot. Fill the pot with enough cold water to cover the potatoes by 1 inch. Bring the water to a boil. Add a few generous pinches of kosher salt to the water to season the potatoes. Continue to cook until the potatoes are fork tender, about 25-30 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the bacon. Cut the bacon into 1-inch pieces. Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the bacon to the pan and cook until crispy. Remove the crispy bacon from the pan with a slotted spoon and place it on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess fat. Set aside.
- Strain the potatoes and rinse them with cold water to stop the cooking process. Allow the potatoes to rest in the strainer for a few minutes to drain off any excess water.
- While the potatoes are draining, prepare the ranch dressing. In a bowl, add mayonnaise, sour cream, herbs, garlic, lemon juice, buttermilk, and worcestershire sauce. Whisk to combine. Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the drained potatoes to a large bowl. Gently fold in the ranch dressing mixture. Add the chicken, bacon, and onion to the bowl with potatoes and gently fold to combine. Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the bowl and place the salad in the refrigerator to chill. The salad can be made up to 3 days in advance.