Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
Deliciously creamy and super cheesy scalloped potato with thyme.
Read Love's full post and see photos of all the prep steps here.
- 2 1/2 pounds Idaho® potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- Hot water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl, cover with hot water and microwave for 15 minutes or until potatoes have almost a soft texture, stirring a few times. Drain.
- In another bowl, combine heavy whipping cream, garlic and butter. Microwave for 1-2 minutes, or until butter melts.
- Arrange first layer of potato slices in a cast iron skillet or a baking pan. Top with 1/3 of the heavy whipping cream mix. Season with salt and pepper and top with 1/3 of the fresh thyme leaves and mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat step 4 two more times, creating a total of 3 potato layers, reserving the last layer of cheese for step 7.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.
- Uncover. Sprinkle remaining cheese and broil on high for 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh thyme leaves. Enjoy!