Salpicon Scalloped Potatoes
- 4 medium size Idaho® potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup crumbled queso añejo or any other dry cheese
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- Slice potatoes very thin lengthwise (1/16-inch to 1/8- inch thick) and place in a large bowl. Add cheese, cream, cilantro and salt, mixing to coat the potatoes.
- Spray an 8-inch by 8-inch square pan with non-stick vegetable spray. Layer potatoes along with cheese and cream mixture into the pan, pressing down gently to compress the mixture. Bake uncovered for 1 hour at 375°F until potatoes are soft when pierced with a knife and lightly golden brown on top. Cool at room temperature and cut into any desired serving shape.
Yield: 8-12 servings