Romesco Fingerling Potato Salad on Bed of Greens
- 1/4 cup slivered, toasted almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red bell pepper
- 1 Roma tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 teaspoons sherry wine vinegar, divided
- 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds Idaho® Fingerling Potatoes, sliced lengthwise
- 6 cups arugula, washed and dried
- Zest of 1 lemon (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 400°F.
- In a blender, combine the toasted almonds, roasted red bell pepper, tomato, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, white pepper, 3 teaspoons sherry wine vinegar and 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Spray a rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Place the sliced fingerling potatoes on the baking sheet and drizzle all with 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, tossing to coat. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown and tender. Remove pan from the oven.
- While potatoes are roasting, in a small bowl, mix remaining 1 teaspoons of sherry wine vinegar with 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil. Place the arugula in a large bowl and drizzle with the sherry wine vinegar and olive oil mixture, toss to coat. Season with salt and cracked pepper to taste, if desired.
- Divide the arugula among 6 plates. Place fingerlings on top of the arugula and top each with 1 - 2 tablespoons of the red bell pepper sauce. Garnish with lemon zest, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings