Cauliflower and Goat Cheese Chile Relleno
- In a large mixing bowl mix together potatoes, cauliflower, onions, goat cheese, bread crumbs, flour, and eggs, season with salt and pepper. Wrap and chill in the refrigerator.
- Roast the peppers whole (preferably on a grill) until the skin begins to blister and char, remove from the heat and place into a sealed container allow to steep for a half an hour. Remove the skin, slit the pepper and seed it.
- Stuff each pepper with 3/4 cup of filling.
- Cook in an oven till the filling reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Plate on top of 3 ounces of charred tomato sauce and serve. You may want to consider garnishing this plate with crema.
Charred Tomato Sauce
- On a grill (high heat) char the outside of the tomatoes. The tomato should be entirely black.
- In a blender place the tomatoes, onion, garlic, stock, oregano, and salt. Blend till smooth.
- Place mixture in a sauce pan and bring to a simmer. Simmer for another five minutes and hold hot for serving.
- Mix ingredients until smooth this is best used in a squirt bottle for garnishing.