Parmesan Souffle "Mashed Potatoes"
- 4 Idaho potatoes (120 counts)
- 6 oz heavy cream
- 3 oz unsalted butter
- 3 oz grated Parmesan Reggiano cheese
- 1 oz kosher salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites, whipped to soft peak
- Place the potatoes in their jackets in a 4 quart sauce pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook gently until tender. Peel the potatoes while hot and rice.
- Heat the cream and butter until hot and add to the hot cream to the hot potatoes, season with salt and whip in a kitchen aide until light and fluffy. Gently fold in the parmesan cheese and egg yolks. Add in half of the whipped egg whites after they are well incorporated fold in the other half.
- Preheat a conventional oven to 500*.
- Place 5 oz of the potato mixture into 6 5 oz buttered soufflé dishes. Place the soufflés on a sheet tray and cook at 500* for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately with mushroom gravy.