Yogurt & Chive Potato Rounds with Smoked Salmon & Capers
- 12 ounces wild caught smoked salmon
- 2 Idaho® Russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 4 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained of juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425° F. Wash potatoes and pat dry.
- Slice potatoes about ¾ inch thickness and place into a large bowl of cold water to remove excess starch. Pat slices dry and place into a large bowl.
- Add olive oil and toss to coat. Place slices on a Silpat or parchment lined baking sheet and season lightly with salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Bake potatoes for 15 minutes, flip and bake for 10 minutes more. Potatoes should be just lightly golden, not crunchy.
- Sprinkle potatoes with chopped fresh chives and set aside to cool.
- Whisk together chopped dill, lemon juice, lemon zest, Greek yogurt, cream cheese and salt. Top each potato round with 1-2 teaspoons of yogurt sauce, a slice of salmon, a few capers and a garnish sprig of fresh dill. Serve room temperature.