Fingerling Idaho® Potato Breakfast Pizza
- 3 pounds assorted fingerling Idaho® Potatoes
- Kosher Salt
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Black pepper, finely ground
- 3 pre-baked 10-inch pizza crusts
- 12 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 eggs
- 6 slices applewood smoked bacon, partially cooked, drained and chopped
- Leaf spinach (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F convection, 400°F conventional.
- Make a bed of salt on a sheet pan. Immerse potatoes in the salt. Bake, turning once until soft on the outside and not quite done in the middle, 30-45 minutes. Cool slightly. Cut into thin slices.
- Heat a non-stick pan over low heat; add canola oil and potatoes. Cook over low heat about 25 minutes, stirring every few minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Stir in butter, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the pizza crusts on baking sheets. Mix together the cheeses, then sprinkle evenly over crusts, leaving a ¼-inch rim around the edge.
- Make 4 small “nests” in the cheese on each quadrant of the crust. Break one egg into each “nest”. Distribute the cooked potatoes and bacon over the pizza.
- Bake at 375°F convection, 400°F conventional until the egg whites are cooked through and yolks are still runny, 15-20 minutes
- Cut into 4 wedges with one egg in each. Garnish with torn spinach leaves if desired. Serve immediately.