Basic Roasted Potatoes
Basic roasted potatoes are the perfect, simple side dish, easily made with pantry staples.
Great with just salt and pepper, or dress them up with your favorite herbs. They are also easy to take from side dish to the main course and can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- 2 pounds Idaho® russet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or rosemary, optional
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh chives or parsley, chopped, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange an oven rack to the center position. Line a large baking sheet pan with parchment paper. Set baking sheet aside.
- Scrub the potatoes and dice them into 1/2-inch cubes. Place cubed potatoes into a large bowl. Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and fresh herbs, if using
- Spread the potatoes on a large baking sheet pan and bake for 33 to 35 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chives, if using.
Roasted Idaho® Potato Hummus Bowl
How to Dice Idaho® Potatoes
How to Roast Idaho® Potatoes
How to Use Basic Roasted Potatoes
- As a simple side dish, easy to make with pantry staples.
- Make extras and top the leftovers with an egg for breakfast the next day.
- Replace rice in your favorite bowl with roasted potatoes. Click here for some inspiration!
- Basic roasted potatoes are easy to dress up with different herbs, spices or tossed with sauces like chimichurri.
- Use inside a burrito or taco for a plant-based meal option.
Here are some ideas to get you started!