Deviled Egg Potato Salad
This Deviled Egg Potato Salad tastes just like a classic deviled egg. Creamy Idaho® potatoes get tossed in a dressing made with all the classic deviled egg ingredients and garnished with smoked paprika and sliced scallions.
- 2 pounds baby red Idaho® potatoes, quartered
- 8 hardboiled eggs, yolks removed and whites chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Add potatoes to a large pot. Fill the pot with enough cold water to cover the potatoes by 1 inch. Bring the water to a boil. Add a few generous pinches of kosher salt to the water to season the potatoes. Continue to cook until the potatoes are fork tender, about 12-15 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, add the mayonnaise, egg yolks, yellow mustard, cider vinegar, and sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or in a large bowl using a handheld mixer. Beat until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Strain the potatoes and rinse them with cold water to stop the cooking process. Allow the potatoes to rest in the strainer for a few minutes to drain off any excess water.
- Transfer the potatoes to the bowl with the mayonnaise mixture. Add the celery and chopped egg whites; fold to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer the potato salad to an airtight container and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours. Garnish with scallions and smoked paprika before serving.