Warm Wilted Spinach and Idaho® Potato Salad
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup peeled and cubed Idaho® potatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6-ounce package fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced fat feta (1 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons golden flax seeds or hulled sunflower seeds
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Cook potatoes 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in mushrooms and cook 5-6 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, bring the vinegar to a boil in a small skillet over medium heat, continue boiling until thick and syrupy, about 1 minute. Remove from heat, whisk in remaining oil, maple syrup, and mustard.
- Place equal amounts of the spinach on each of four salad plates. Spoon the potato mixture evenly over each serving. Sprinkle with the onions, feta, and seeds. Drizzle dressing evenly over each serving (about 1 tablespoon each).