Straw Potato Cake with Jumbo Lump Crabmeat, Lobster, Smoked Salmon, Caviar & Goat Cheese Fondant
- 2 Idaho® potatoes (julienne)
- 6 oz jumbo lump crabmeat
- 3 oz Scottish smoked salmon - thinly sliced
- 1 oz Osctra caviar
- 1 lb Maine lobster
- 4oz cream cheese
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 5 oz butter
- 1/2 cup chives, chopped
- 1 tomato -peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 cup parsley oil (optional)
- 1 egg, chopped
- 1 teaspoon capers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
For the Lobster:
- Place the 1 pound lobster in boiling water for 5-6 minutes. Immediately plunge the lobster in ice water to stop its cooking.
- Remove the lobster meat from the claw & the tail. Reserve.
For the Goat Cheese Fondant:
- In a mixer, cram the cream cheese until soft. Add the goat cheese & mix until smooth. Season with salt & pepper.
For the Potato Cake:
- Julienne the potatoes, finely on a mandoline, or grate on a box grater. Squeeze out the water from the julienne potatoes. On a 3" diameter plate place a little of the julienne potatoes to cover the bottom of the plate. Sprinkle 1 1/2 oz of jumbo lump crabmeat over the julienne potatoes. Lightly cover the julienne potato & jumbo lump crabmeat with more potato. Season with salt & pepper. Repeat this process 3 more times.
- In a medium skillet, place 2 tablespoons canola oil & 1 tablespoon unsalted butter. When the oil & butter mixture begins to froth slide in one of the potato/crabmeat cakes. When lightly brown on one side turn the potato cake over. Brown on both sides- Remove from the pan and keep warm. Repeat process until all the cakes are cooked.
- Roughly chop the lobster meat. Toss with olive oil, diced tomato & 1/2 of the chopped chives. Season with salt & pepper. Place one potato/crabmeat cake on each of the four plates. Place a dollop of the lobster salad in the middle of each potato cake- Randomly place, equally, the smoked salmon on the crabmeat/potato cake. With 2 small spoons form the cream cheese/goat cheese mixture into quenelles. Place at 12 o'clock, 4 o'clock & 8 o'clock on the plate. Sprinkle with chive & serve immediately.