Andouille & Ramp Stuffed Idaho® Fingerling Potatoes with Sweet/Hot Red Pepper Sauce
- 2 lbs Idaho® Fingerlings, such as Purple Peruvian or Ruby Crescent
- 4 oz Andouille Sausage, finely diced
- 4 Ramps, or Green Onions, finely diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 C Creamy Brie Spread
- 2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- To Taste Kosher Salt & fresh-cracked Black Pepper
- 1/4 C Sweet/Hot Red Pepper Sauce, recipe follows
- Fresh Chives to garnish
- Sweet/Hot Red Pepper Sauce
- 3 T Hot Pepper Jelly, melted
- 1 Roasted Red Pepper
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes until tender, but not too soft, about 10 minutes. Set aside until they can be handled. Trim potato bottoms so they can sit upright, and then trim off enough of the top to allow you to scoop out most of the flesh. Reserve flesh.
- In a small sauté pan, warm the oil over medium high heat. Add the sausage, ramps, and garlic. Cook until vegetables begin to wilt and sausage is giving off some of its fat. Add the reserved potato flesh and warm through. Remove from heat and place in small bowl.
- Add cheese and using a fork or the back of a spoon, lightly smash the ingredients together. Add salt and pepper to taste. Put filling in piping bag and stuff potatoes allowing the filling to overflow out of the top. Heat in a 425F oven for 7-8 minutes.
- Place all ingredients in blender or processor and purée. Place mixture in squeeze bottle and garnish each potato with a little drizzle and top with fresh chive spears.
Yield: Approximately 24 pieces
Bon Appetit Management
Ft. Wayne, IN