Woodsman Skillet Hash For Six
- 2 pound Yukon Gold Idaho® potatoes, scrubbed and sliced into ¼” thick slices
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1 pound mixed gourmet, white and/or cremini mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- ½ pound bacon or pancetta, diced
- ½ pound pearl onions, peeled and cut in half
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick skillet on medium heat. Add the potatoes and sauté on both sides until golden brown. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss with rosemary and place on a serving platter. Place the skillet back on the stove.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the skillet on medium heat until the oil shimmers and is almost smoking. Add about half the mushrooms and all the shallots and sauté until the mushrooms begin to release their liquid. Add the rest of the mushrooms and continue to cook until the mushrooms are soft. Set aside in a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Place the skillet back on the stove.
- Sauté the bacon in the skillet on medium heat until crisp. Remove the bacon and add to the mushrooms, leaving 1 tablespoon of bacon fat in the skillet.
- Add the pearl onions to the skillet and sauté over medium heat until soft. Add the mushrooms and bacon and sauté until hot. Spread on top of the cooked potatoes.
- Cook the eggs sunny-side-up in the skillet. Place the eggs on top of the potatoes and garnish with parsley.