Taco Tortilla Soup with Idaho® Potatoes
Nancy Andrus, wife of Idaho Potato Commissioner R.J. Andrus, adds cubed Idaho potatoes to this south of the border style soup for an extra dose of flavor and texture.
- 2 cans tomatoes with chilies
- 1 can corn - not drained
- 1 can chili beans - drained
- 1 can kidney beans - drained
- 1 package Taco seasoning mix
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 lb cooked hamburger
- 2 chopped Jalapenos (you may choose to use more or less)
- 1/2 cup sliced olives
- 1 - 2 cups Idaho potatoes, cooked and cubed
- Add all ingredients to large stock pot. Stir to combine. Bring ingredients to boil; then simmer the soup on low heat for 45 minutes. Add potato cubes and continue to simmer for another 5 - 10 minutes.
- Top each serving with shredded cheese, a dollop of sour cream and chili-flavored Fritos or tortilla chips.
- Note: This recipe is straight from a home kitchen and has not been professionally tested.
Yield: 8 - 10
(Recipe Photo Contest Winner)