BBQ Beef and Idaho® Potato Bowl
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup BBQ sauce, mild
- 2 cups frozen green peas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded reduced fat cheddar chesse
- 4 cups prepared instant Idaho® mashed potatoes
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven casserole over medium-high heat, crumble ground beef until well browned and cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
- Carefully drain off fat and return to heat. Add BBQ sauce and stir well to combine. When sauce is heated through, 2-3 minutes, reduce heat to low and cover to keep warm.
- Cook frozen peas according to directions on bag. Drain and cover to keep warm.
- Prepare instant Idaho® mashed potatoes according to directions. Cover to keep warm.
- To assemble a bowl: Spoon about 1/2 cup prepared mashed potatoes into a wide, shallow bowl. Spoon about 1/3 cup BBQ beef over the potatoes. Top with 1/4 cup peas and sprinkle with cheddar cheese as desired. Serve immediately.
Yield: 8 servings
(Recipe Photo Contest Winner)