Summer Potato Salad
Our all-American fresh tasting Summer Potato Salad made with all-American Idaho® potatoes will conjure up memories of lazy summer afternoon family picnics. How ‘bout making some new memories with it this summer?
- 4 pounds Russet Idaho® potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- Place potatoes in a large pot and add enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until fork tender. Drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, garlic powder, salt and pepper, mix well. Add potatoes, celery, and onion to mixture and stir gently until evenly coated. Refrigerate for 2 hours, or until ready to serve.
- Notes: Fresh herbs will bring out the summer flavor of this potato salad. Try adding some chopped parsley, snipped basil, or whatever herbs you like best.