Arugula, Apple and Potato Salad with Creamy Cashew Dressing
- ⅓ cup cashews
- 3 small McIntosh apples, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Greek plain yogurt
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds Idaho® Red Thumb Fingerling potatoes
- 4 ounces fresh arugula
- ¼ teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Place cashews on a baking sheet and toast for 10 minutes or until fragrant. Remove from oven; set aside to cool for 5 minutes, then finely chop. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine apples, balsamic vinegar, yogurt, sea salt, pepper, olive oil and toasted cashews; mix well to combine. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring 6 cups of water to a boil; add whole potatoes; cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cut into ½ inch cubes. Set aside to cool.
- Combine arugula and cubed potatoes in a large serving bowl. Drizzle with yogurt dressing; gently toss to coat. Sprinkle with lemon zest. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve chilled.