Easy to Make Vegetable and Potato Nuggets
Potato Nuggets are easy to make and totally kid friendly! Also great as snacks, appetizers and perfect for tailgating!
Read Stacey's full post, along with other great kid-friendly recipe ideas, here.
- 4 cups Idaho® potatoes, cooked and mashed (a great use for leftover mashed potatoes!)
- 4 ounces mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup broccoli, cooked and "riced" (diced fine)
- 1 cup fine bread crumbs, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, cheeses, finely diced broccoli, ½ cup of the bread crumbs, and the salt and pepper.
- Quickly give it a taste, adjust seasoning if needed, then add in the lightly whisked eggs and mix until well combined.
- Place the remaining ½ cup of the bread crumbs in a shallow dish.
- In a heavy-duty skillet, or Dutch oven, heat 2-3 inches of oil over medium-high heat.
- Using a 1˝ scoop, shape potato mixture into balls and gently roll each one in the bread crumbs to lightly coat.
- Add the potato nugget balls in batches to the oil, cook 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Allow to drain on a paper towel-lined dish. Repeat with remaining potato balls.
- Serve with your favorite dips, such as ketchup, mustard or ranch dressing.
Other great substitutions for the broccoli are riced cauliflower, finely diced zucchini or yellow squash, and carrots.