This Halloween, turn a baked Idaho® potato into a spooky, edible creature. Have plenty of fresh vegetables on hand and watch the kids' creativity take over.
- 1 baked Idaho® potato per person
- Assorted raw vegetables
- Recommended vegetables:
- Eggplant for hat
- Bright red, yellow, green bell pepper slices* for nose, mouth, arms and feet
- Corn kernels for eyes
- Carrot slices for hair
- Additional suggestions:
- Baby carrots
- Sugar snap peas
- Note: For dramatic purposes, small chili peppers were used in photography for nose, arms and feet. Chili peppers vary in degree of heat and some may be too hot for children.
- After baking, let potato cool to touch.
- Select vegetables to create spooky spud character and choose approximate location where to attach on potato. Create a small hole*, deep enough in the potato to secure vegetables. Gently press the vegetables into the hole. (For smaller vegetables a small dab of honey can be used to secure vegetables.)
- Enjoy spooky spud before digging into potato.
- Note: Small impression may be made in potato with the tip of a turkey baster.
Nutritional estimate includes only one medium baked potato.
Protein: 2 g