Creamy Idaho® Potato Salad with Kimchi
- 2 ½ cups of small Idaho® Yukon Gold potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup of mild kimchi, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoons of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- ¼ cup of chopped scallions (optional)
- salt to taste
- Boil some water with a sprinkle of salt. Cook the potatoes for about 15 minutes until you can poke them with a fork.
- While they boil, sauté the kimchi and the garlic with the oil, so the kimchi will reduce in size a bit. Cook for about 8 minutes and remove from heat.
- Once the potatoes are ready, mix them with the kimchi and add the mayo and sour cream. Add a sprinkle of salt if needed. Mix well and serve with a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds and chopped scallions.