Russian Beet and Idaho® Potato Salad
- 4medium Idaho® Yukon Gold potatoes, (about 1 pound total), peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 5-ounce can sliced beets, drained, and slices quartered
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon horseradish mustard
- In a medium saucepan, add potato cubes, salt and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until just tender, about 4-5 minutes. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, peas and carrots, and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, dill and horseradish mustard. Add the potato mixture and gently combine.
- Place the beets on a paper towel and gently blot dry. Very gently fold beets into the potato mixture. Do not overmix.
*Cook’s Tip: Be sure to blot beets on paper towels before gently folding into the potato mixture or it will turn the salad pink.
**Cook’s Tip: Serve within 1 hour for peak flavor and appearance.
Yield: 6 servings
Sugar: 5 g
Sodium: 224 mg
Fat: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Carbs: 21 g
Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 4 g
Cholesterol: 2 mg