Smashed Idaho® Potatoes with Chorizo
- 2 pounds Idaho® potatoes, peeled, rough chopped
- 1 cup hard chorizo, chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 bunch chives, finely chopped
- Salt, to taste
- White pepper, to taste
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Idaho® Potato Chips
- 1 large Idaho® potato
- Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water until soft. Drain and reserve.
- In a non-stick, oven-safe pan, render chorizo until slightly brown. Fold in potatoes and gently smash them with a rubber spatula. Add butter, chives, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Sprinkle potatoes with cheese and immediately place in the oven. Broil for 30 to 45 seconds to brown cheese.
- Garnish with a couple homemade potato chips (see below). Serve immediately.
Idaho® Potato Chips
- Wash potato by scrubbing the skin, then slice into thin discs on a mandolin. Soak potato discs for 6 hours in 3 parts cold water, 1 part white wine vinegar. Rinse well and pat dry.
- Fry in oil, preheated to 350°F, for 30 seconds to one minute, until golden brown. Make sure the chips do not stick together while frying. Remove and salt immediately.