Tuscan Idaho® Potato Salad
- 3 pounds Idaho® potatoes, scrubbed, not peeled, ¾ inch diced
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 quarts water, for boiling
- 1 - 14 ounce can stewed tomato, chopped with juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup scallion, sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded or shaved
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan with 2 quarts cold water and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and cool.
- In a mixing bowl pour the tomato & tomato juice and ¼ cup (half) of the olive oil along with minced garlic clove, salt, & pepper; slightly marinate and grill potato & tomato.
- The side may be served hot or cold. Once either cool or hot, mix with onion, celery, remaining ¼ cup olive oil, balsamic vinegar, capers, and kalamata olives.
- Once plated or in serving tray, sprinkle with Italian parsley and or Parmesan cheese.